Re: Mass issue: /usr/bin/env dependency

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 15:52:53 +0100, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:

> Please start playing with those specs files which I've posted.

You have seen my reply to that faulty test case of yours, haven't you.
Nothing would change.

> I fully understand that it is not easy to understand some new approach if
> so long so many people been using some other variant which suppose to be
> correct but is not.

It is the opposite. It is _you_, who would need to look under the hood
and figure out the exact behaviour of RPM and related package tools. See
whether the behaviour is well-defined. Talk to the developers and find out
which problems and pitfalls they are aware of and how they want to handle
them.

Alternatively, come up with a new definition of how RPM and related tools
ought to handle Obsoletes tags and related update/upgrade/downgrade
scenarios, and convince the developers that changing behavior would be
worthwhile.

> Does it really not lights up some bulb inside your mind? .. maybe at least
> some small spark?

Enough is enough! It's sad you've had to turn that way. I've got something
else for you at this point:

*plonk*