Re: How attached are we to branch ACLs? -- Should we kill pkgdb?

> As I already mentioned in person when this came up in a DevConf talk, I
> think that this is a plan that will likely break a lot of things, especially
> the expectations all our users rely on (that everything in Everything has a
> consistent guaranteed life time), and that doing away with that expectation
> is going to make Fedora a lot less useful for many of our users (including
> myself and probably also other contributors). Guaranteeing a life time for
> the modules included in specific deliverables (spins, "editions", etc.) does
> not help, because in the real world, users install many add-on packages from
> our repository, its size is one of the main strengths of Fedora.

Note that this question is not about removing the subbranches for releases, it is purely about removing the feature where you can have different access lists for different branches.
So, if we go with Pierre's suggestion, we would still have a Fedora 25 and Fedora 26 branch, but you would no longer be able to say that "Patrick has commit for Fedora 25 but not Fedora 26".

So this should not impact the life time guarantees or anything else that the branches give us.