Re: fedora-review complains about gschema files in an RPM package

Am Sun, 26 Feb 2017 05:12:38 -0000
schrieb "Andrew Toskin" <andrew@xxxxxxx>:

> > On Feb 25, 2017 16:15, "Michael Catanzaro"
> > <mcatanzaro(a)gnome.org&gt; wrote:
> >
> > Interesting... guess I'm wrong then!
> >
> > I think that can be deleted?
> >

> > It's possible that the extension searches for the schema source
> > (not sure if I'm getting the terminology right) in a specific
> > directory. Something like some extension did it until we patched it
> > to try the default directory too -
> > https://github.com/endlessm/coding-shell-extensions/commit/45e5c2b3bfaf86...
>
> I tried adding a line to my RPM spec to delete the gschemas.compiled
> file, rebuilt and reinstalled the package. Trying to enable the
> extension failed, with the message "could not open
> file /.../gschemas.compiled"
>
> So I guess that answers that. The compiled and XML version of the
> schema files are necessary where they are in the extension source.
>
> If this is somehow wrong, then several shell extensions, including
> most of the ones I'm packaging right now, will need a bug report,
> and/or patches...
I did not find anything in the guidelines, whether it's allowed or not,
but it's definitely not needed.
I have only two extension in Fedora, but both do not have precompiled
glib-schema-files.
The problem might be, that many extensions are made for local-install
only and do not have a real build-system, that works for local and
system-wide install.

Jens (jenslody)