Re: fedora-review complains about gschema files in an RPM package

> On Feb 25, 2017 16:15, "Michael Catanzaro" <mcatanzaro(a)gnome.org&gt; wrote:
>
> Interesting... guess I'm wrong then!
>
> I think that can be deleted?
>

> It's possible that the extension searches for the schema source (not sure
> if I'm getting the terminology right) in a specific directory. Something
> like some extension did it until we patched it to try the default directory
> too -
> https://github.com/endlessm/coding-shell-extensions/commit/45e5c2b3bfaf86...

I tried adding a line to my RPM spec to delete the gschemas.compiled file, rebuilt and reinstalled the package. Trying to enable the extension failed, with the message "could not open file /.../gschemas.compiled"

So I guess that answers that. The compiled and XML version of the schema files are necessary where they are in the extension source.

If this is somehow wrong, then several shell extensions, including most of the ones I'm packaging right now, will need a bug report, and/or patches...