Re: F27 System Wide Change: No More Alphas

On 02/22/2017 07:14 PM, Petr Lautrbach wrote:

>>> Could you please share more information about policycoreutils and
>>> setools breakages? I haven't noticed any problem or report and I think
>>> we've tested it. I'd like to prevent these problems in future.
>>
>> 'Breakage' is putting it slightly strongly: it's basically a dependency
>> issue. With the new version of setools, setools-python3 replaces
>> setools-libs , and grows a new dependency on python3-networkx .
>> python3-networkx hauls in a whole bunch of other stuff, including
>> python2, perl, texlive and ghostscript stuff.
>>
>> This is problematic because it affects the installer environment. We
>> have this dep chain:
>>
>> docker-anaconda-addon -> docker -> container-selinux ->
>> policycoreutils-python-utils -> policycoreutils-python3
>>
>> pulling policycoreutils-python3 into the installer environment, which
>> means that now, python3-networkx and all its deps get pulled into the
>> installer environment too.

>> So we either:
>>
>> 1. Leave the newly-bloated deps in the install root and stop stripping
>> libtiff and avahi-libs
>>
>> 2. Leave the problematic dependency chain in place but try to clean
>> around it in runtime-cleanup somehow
>>
>> 3. Break the problematic dependency chain somewhere
>>
>> For now, releng untagged the new setools and policycoreutils from
>> Rawhide, so composes are running with the old versions (and thus
>> without the problematic dependency chain).
>>
>> I thought someone from releng was going to file a bug on this, but
>> AFAICT they have not, so if they don't soon, I will.
>
> Thanks for the explanation. I missed this fact, sorry.
>
> I think it's feasible to break the problematic dependency to other
> subpackages. I'll try to it and push it asap.

I have a fix for it in setools-4.1.0-1.fc26.6 -
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/build/516358/

python3-networkx is only required by setools-gui (/usr/bin/apol) and
setools-console-analyses (/usr/bin/sedta and /usr/bin/seinfoflow) now.

Basic sanity tests provided by policycoreutils and setools passed.

Petr
--
Petr Lautrbach