Re: Fedora 26 Mass Rebuild

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:44:13 -0600

> El 15/2/2017 1:28 a. m., "Sérgio Basto" <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> I though in one more simpler plan , query koji for the fails builds
> and where error is in root.log and was did by user releng, list the
> packages and submit a new build in rawhide just running: git check
> master; git pull; fedpkg build .
> If I'm not wrong the estimates fails was about 400/600 but fail 1299 ,
> so we should have about 600 cases where broken dep happened, so one
> proven packager could try do fedpkg build, also you will have less
> FTBFS bugs to fill and we will spare some work to maintainers.

Well, I am not sure that would have very high success rate. The only
cases it would handle is if something failed to build before in
rawhide, but for the mass rebuild it worked and unblocked some package
that needed it to build successfully. I think that number is going to
be pretty small.

William Moreno <williamjmorenor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Cheers,
>

> But now there is the  koshei service than can help to keep an eye on
> failing packages and try to rebuild when there is a update in
> requirements
>
> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/koschei
>
> Just think is better make track this in other place and not try to
> get all done in the mass rebuild

Koschei is great for seeing when your package starts failing to build,
but it's not a replacement for mass rebuilds. We do mass rebuilds
because there are specific changes that need them. For example, this
mass rebuild we needed to rebuild everything that used gcc (to name
just one change). In the past we have rebuilt for things like rpm
compression changes or the like. koschei isn't of use in this case,
because most packages still build fine, just the old ones don't have the
new feature.

kevin