Re: journal-triggerd, interest, alternatives?

On 02/15/2017 11:31 AM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Probably most Fedora users will use a general purpose tool like rsyslog
(already in Fedora) or fluentd/logstash to read events from journald and do
custom triggers.
thanks for the info! It seems to me that journal-triggerd fits a
different use case from the tools mentioned so far, so I'll keep
chipping at it :-)

journal-triggerd is a tiny utility written in C, meant for
local/standalone use, more general purpose than fail2ban (which I
use), but otherwise in a similar "simple to install, small footprint,
for single node" space.

I guess if you want a very small tool written for a very specific purpose, then that fits the bill.

If you don't mind using rsyslog, it will do what you want, and much more, and it's already in Fedora.

I've used logstash/kibana (fluentd seems similar), and those are log
aggregators, with a much  more involved setup, geared for big traffic.

cheers,

martin