Re: Fedora 26 Mass Rebuild

El 15/2/2017 1:28 a. m., "Sérgio Basto" <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On Ter, 2017-02-14 at 19:54 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 01:42:58 +0000
> Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > JFTR , after receive from koschei messages like opencv's builds are
> > back to normal in Fedora Rawhide
> >
> > I did git checkout master; git pull; fedpkg build and resend to
> > build frei0r-plugins, mlt, opencv , php-facedetect , which builds
> > without any modifications
> >
> > All builds failed with :
> > DEBUG util.py:435:  Error: nothing provides
> > libgfortran.so.3()(64bit)
> > needed by openblas-openmp-0.2.19-4.fc26.x86_64 [1] .
> >
> > 2 ideas, first before begin these kind of mass rebuild, we should
> > avoid broken deps somehow, second resubmit builds that failed by
> > this
> > broken dep also is not a bad ideia .
>
> Sadly not practical.
>
> If we wanted until there were no broken deps to fire off a mass
> rebuild, we would basically never do them.
>
> Resubmitting wouldn't help any until openblas was successfully
> rebuilt,
> which only happened yesterday. :( Additionally the mass rebuild is in
> side tag that doesn't update the buildroot, so it wouldn't help to
> rebuild anything again as the buildroot would be the same as before.

I though in one more simpler plan , query koji for the fails builds and
where error is in root.log and was did by user releng, list the
packages and submit a new build in rawhide just running: git check
master; git pull; fedpkg build .
If I'm not wrong the estimates fails was about 400/600 but fail 1299 ,
so we should have about 600 cases where broken dep happened, so one
proven packager could try do fedpkg build, also you will have less
FTBFS bugs to fill and we will spare some work to maintainers.

Cheers,

But now there is the  koshei service than can help to keep an eye on failing packages and try to rebuild when there is a update in requirements

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/koschei

Just think is better make track this in other place and not try to get all done in the mass rebuild

--
Sérgio M. B.