Re: Bluetooth headsets vs rawhide

> Neither of the bluetooth headsets I have here have been working for me
> for a bit, and I finally sat down to dig into it today. Unfortunately,
> I failed to track things down, so I thought I would ask the list for
> more info...
>
> The issue is that either of my headsets work fine when using the A2DP
> profile (ie, audio playback). If I switch them to HSP/HFP I get no
> audio in or out. Apps that try and use them just hang.
> I tried the obvious things (downgrading bluez, all kinds of poking with
> bluetoothctl, 4.9 kernels, etc) without much luck.
>
> So, my questions for this list:
>
> * Are folks using f25 see bluetooth headsets work?
> (I would imagine so or there would have been a lot more noise. Ha ha)
>
> * Is anyone using rawhide seeing them work?
>
> * If it's not kernel or bluez, what else is there in this stack that
>   could be where the issue is happening?

The last bluez version landed back in Oct and is basically the same
across all current releases so I suppose it depends a bit on when it
stopped work or when you noticed it.

PulseAudio recently (like early Jan) moved to v10 and that has a bunch
of changed around bluetooth so might have regressed here:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2017-January/027375.html

> (side note: anyone know where bluez folks track bugs? it's not obvious)

Mailing list I believe, possibly bugzilla.kernel.org