Bluetooth headsets vs rawhide

Greetings.

Neither of the bluetooth headsets I have here have been working for me
for a bit, and I finally sat down to dig into it today. Unfortunately,
I failed to track things down, so I thought I would ask the list for
more info...

The issue is that either of my headsets work fine when using the A2DP
profile (ie, audio playback). If I switch them to HSP/HFP I get no
audio in or out. Apps that try and use them just hang.
I tried the obvious things (downgrading bluez, all kinds of poking with
bluetoothctl, 4.9 kernels, etc) without much luck.

So, my questions for this list:

* Are folks using f25 see bluetooth headsets work?
(I would imagine so or there would have been a lot more noise. Ha ha)

* Is anyone using rawhide seeing them work?

* If it's not kernel or bluez, what else is there in this stack that
  could be where the issue is happening?

(side note: anyone know where bluez folks track bugs? it's not obvious)

Thanks,

kevin