Re: nfs-utils-2.1.1 Changes Everything!

It's definitely a change.

If there's going to be breakage, i.e. no migration tool or script,
then that can't apply retroactively. Just silently breaking Fedora 25
is not OK, I predict only widespread irritation.

A hard break for Fedora 26 or 27 still makes me wonder why there's no
migration tool or script, rather than expect people with possibly
complex setups to have to redo configuration by hand? If there's some
sort of ambiguity and non-standard aspect to existing configuration
files that makes this difficult, hopefully the new configuration
format is designed to be easily parsed automatically so the next time
there's a configuration format change that it can be automatically
migrated. And if the new configuration format doesn't lend itself to
automatic migrations, then I'd say the change should be rejected.

Chris Murphy