Re: Proposal: Rethink Fedora multilib support (Take Two!)

Saleem Abdulrasool wrote:
> First, we accepted the /usr-merge (for simplicity and since most Linux
> distributions were doing so) -- not doing so would require two parallel
> trees, but would not prohibit the same approach.  The next thing was to
> introduce a "namespace" within the filesystem layout.  The root became
> `/usr/<target>`.

So this is the "everything is a sysroot" approach also suggested elsewhere
in this thread.

> The differences from FHS are pretty small

This is not true. Your directory layout is completely incompatible with the
FHS. Every single directory is not where it is supposed to be according to
the FHS.

        Kevin Kofler