Re: Proposal: Rethink Fedora multilib support (Take Two!)

Hello again,

As a quick follow up, since one of the points that was originally brought up with the original suggestion: the changes required to GCC to support this cross-compilation model is minimally invasive.  You can find the patch for this at [1].  It enables the cross-compilation model on x86, x86_64, PPC, Itanium, and ARM, and AArch64.  Additionally, a tiny second patch [2] tweak the build system for the prefixed tools.

There may be a better way for accomplishing the changes that I have performed here, but this was the cleanest way that I saw.

[1] https://git.exherbo.org/arbor.git/tree/packages/sys-devel/gcc/files/gcc-6-exherbo-multiarch-paths.patch
[2] https://git.exherbo.org/arbor.git/tree/packages/sys-devel/gcc/files/gcc-6-objdump-name.patch

--
Saleem Abdulrasool