Re: future of official optical media support in Fedora

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One solution here is to make Everything netinst release blocking. There is a good use case for that, it's the most universal install medium we have (you can install anything from it). A different solution is to mark e.g. Server netinst as blocking for optical media, but that will cover only Server (so no Workstation or KDE support in case optical boot is really broken).
>
> Thoughts?

The productimg is media specific and is what determines default
partitioning, not what product you pick in software selection. If you
pick Server or Cloud Edition using Everything netinstall, you get ext4
on LVM with a massive /home volume rather unsuitable for servers, and
no free space in the VG for docker-storage-setup to configure for
itself. Everything netinstall's partitioning is the same as
Workstation's.

I see the candidate options for optical installations as:
Workstation-Live ISO, Atomic host ISO, and Server dvd ISO. Those will
all be release blocking for Fedora 26. So the question to ask their
respective WG's is if the inability to optically boot is blocking. And
then I'd say skip the netinstalls for optical boot criteria entirely.

--
Chris Murphy