Re: Gdm set both Desktop and laptop to an X session on Current fedora 25 Workstation.

> On Wed, 2016-12-14 at 08:20 +1100, Timothy Ward wrote:
> > Is there a current problem with gdm setting a X session or Wayland
> > session as on login with Gdm setting Gnome or Gnome on Xorg still
> > ends
> > in an X session.
> >
> > Confirmed from the process list that an X session is set even if
> > Gnome
> >
> > is selected in gdm.
> >
> > I am sure I tested after upgrade to F25 and it worked then.
>
> It will fall back to X automatically in various circumstances. We'd
> need logs, I guess, to figure out exactly what's going on in your
> case.

Thanks for the info,

Under what conditions will it automatically fallback to X - is there
an error message created in the journal if this occurs, just need to
understand what went wrong as the only changes to both computers have
been the updates that have been installed.

I have gdm debug set so should be able to see when this started
happening from the logs. Just need to ensure I am correct in T/S what
the logs are telling me.

They use different graphics cards and using the normal foss drivers.

Is there some detailed docs that explain the operation of gdm is
trying to do during startup now with the xserver and with wayland.

Tim