Re: Packagers - Flag day 2016 Important changes

Simo Sorce <simo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The krb5.conf is interchangeable if you use a subset of directives
> common to both, this directive is not common to both, therefore it is
> incompatible with Heimdal.

Obviously; sorry I pointed it out.

> Samba has been ported to MIT Kerberos for Fedora uses, and the ability
> to support more advanced ccaches was one of the reasons.
>
>> I did actually ask about Heimdal initially.
>
> Sorry but we do not use Heimdal in the distro so I do not see why that
> would be a concern.
>
> Simo.

"We" may not use it "in the [RHEL?] distro", but that applies to all
this development stuff from the Fedora repos.  Maybe we should expurgate
Heimdal after 20+ (?) years, even if there's local policy, but then RHEL
krb5 fails in this context anyhow.