Re: Packagers - Flag day 2016 Important changes

On Tue, 2016-12-13 at 14:35 +0000, Dave Love wrote:
> Simo Sorce <simo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> That will break Heimdal, for people who use that.
> >
> > Heimdal is not packaged in Fedora,
>
> It clearly is, and I have the package installed.
>
> > if you care for compiling and using
> > it yourself I am sure you can change the default ccache scheme as well.
> >
> > Simo.
>
> Oh, please.  The above was nothing to do with ccache anyhow.  (I don't
> know how it works currently, but Samba4 used to be based on Heimdal, and
> I thought inherited that sort of thing.  When I last worked on it,
> krb5.conf was meant to be interchangeable.)

The krb5.conf is interchangeable if you use a subset of directives
common to both, this directive is not common to both, therefore it is
incompatible with Heimdal.
Samba has been ported to MIT Kerberos for Fedora uses, and the ability
to support more advanced ccaches was one of the reasons.

> I did actually ask about Heimdal initially.

Sorry but we do not use Heimdal in the distro so I do not see why that
would be a concern.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York