Re: Two more concrete ideas for what a once-yearly+update schedule would look like

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 19:41:28 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> And? What*s the problem? It's part of a packagers job to balance the
> tradeoffs and find a viable compromise.

You don't need to agree. In the reply you've truncated, I've only pointed
out how I feel about the updates flood. It's my number one reason why I've
pretty much given up spending karma points in bodhi as all too often an
update had been pushed before I could vote -1. Rushing out updates
defeats the purpose of Test Updates, IMO. And nothing is done to make
the updates-testing repo more sexy.

"Viable" is such a vague word.

> Openly said, I feel some people do not comprehend the fundamental
> differences between RHEL, CentOS and Fedora and between a community
> project and an enterprise project.

You mean, like EPEL that is flooded with updates, too? ;)