Re: Two more concrete ideas for what a once-yearly+update schedule would look like

On Fri, 09 Dec 2016 06:07:02 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

If as a maintainer you don't release version upgrades quickly, some users
complain everywhere they are permitted to post. Except for bugzilla. And
if you make available upgrades quickly, the users will complain if they
think they are affected by bugs.

And? What*s the problem? It's part of a packagers job to balance the tradeoffs and find a viable compromise.

I think pushing all updates in a big drop will actually make them LESS
tested than if they just trickle through one at a time.
Agreed. Swapping one large bowl over users doesn't help anybody.

Openly said, I feel some people do not comprehend the fundamental differences between RHEL, CentOS and Fedora and between a community project and an enterprise project.

Ralf