Re: Two more concrete ideas for what a once-yearly+update schedule would look like

On 12/08/2016 02:06 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
What basis and factual data would you want to see? Not being clear
here means that what ever anyone can provide can be dismissed as not
being real data or basis.

Something that says "this is better" other than because Spot thought it up one day.

Moving updates to a non-default repo would be a dramatically different Fedora experience than what I signed up for and it would not help. Most users use the default repos. Bugs, instead of found within a week, would be found once a month. To put it simply: I'm against this proposal. If you want "safer" updates then change Bodhi to require 30 days in testing, but we all know everyone would reject that idea just like I'm rejecting this one.