Re: Fedora captive portal page changed output :(

On jueves, 8 de diciembre de 2016 12:22:30 PM CST Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 10:50 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > android gives you a tls error and offers to go to the page ina
> > browser where
> > you can ignore the error manually. I think we should do the same as
> > android
> >
> > Dennis
>
> What's the benefit of directing the user to a browser...?
you do not have to be directed to a browser. the way android does it is if the
certificates are deemed bad, for wheatever reason you get a warning that there
is a security issue with the portal, and offered the choice to not connect or
to continue anyway via a browser, where you then have to tell the browser to
connect anyway and ignore the security issue.  its then up to the user to
choose to continue or not. you give them a path to do so but make them aware
of the issue, ignoring the issue and blindly continuing on it will likely
never be reported and fixed.

Dennis