Re: Fedora captive portal page changed output :(

On 12/05/2016 03:05 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

On Sun, 2016-12-04 at 16:39 -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:
That is a different issue. And indeed I see it as well, and was quite
surprised at them checking the TLS validity of a captive portal page.

We have no plans to stop doing this, because that's how all other
browsers and operating systems work. It shouldn't be any problem
because such portals would not work for anyone on any system.

That is incorrect in my experience. When I go to coffee shops, my iphone
shows the portal page, but my laptop shows the TLS cert invalid thing.

Is it due to a missing intermediate certificate?

If I remember correctly, the browser accessing a captive portal does not use the regular user Firefox profile, so we either have to preload its profiles with intermediate CAs, or copy them over from the user's Firefox profile.

Thanks,
Florian