Re: further package removals/potential package removals

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Stuart Children wrote:

I see Core as "packages managed mainly by RedHat employees and essential to a base [desktop|server] system" (latter is horribly subjective I know), and Extras as "packages mainly packaged by non-RedHat employees", with the extra requirement that no package in Core should depend on a package in Extras. Both are parts of the overall distribution, but Core simply has stricter QC and inclusion requirements.

(Ironic or not) since Fedora Extras (at least the fedora.us incarnation) actually has QA *before* packages are published, IMO, their packaging quality is at least as good or better than many of those in Core.

--Rex