Re: Wiki page subscription

On 11/16/2016 05:09 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 17:02 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 11/16/2016 04:45 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Dne 16.11.2016 v 16:30 Florian Weimer napsal(a):
On 11/16/2016 04:05 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 12:03:42 +0100
Florian Weimer <fweimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On the Fedora wiki, I can subscribe to certain pages.  I did that,
but I did not receive any notifications when they were edited.

Odd. This definitely worked ok in the past.

Does this work for *anyone* right now?

I got notification about change in RoR5 change [1] moments ago. So it
works for me.

Interesting.

Haven't you changed your settings? You can control the notifications ....

Where?  I don't see ”Subscribed Wiki pages” as an option in the Fedora
Notifications application.

I think you may be mixing up two notification systems. *mediawiki
itself* can notify you of changes to mediawiki instances with quite a
lot of granularity. You can 'watch' any wiki page by clicking the
'watch' tab that shows next to 'edit', 'history' and 'move'. You can
edit your watch list by clicking 'watchlist' that appears at the top,
between 'preferences' and 'contributions'.

On the wiki, I have all those checked:

  	 Enable email from other users
 	 Send me copies of emails I send to other users
 	 Email me when a page or file on my watchlist is changed
 	 Email me when my user talk page is changed
 	 Email me also for minor edits of pages and files

I also checked that mail to my fedoraproject.org address (to which the wiki defaults) is forwarded to me. Changes/Fedora26CFlags is on my watchlist, but I did not receive any change notification for it. The last change was not even flagged as minor.

> FMN is a more generic notification system backed by fedmsg, which does
> not have quite the same level of granularity available.

The Fedora notification service seems to lag significantly, too, by about 20 hours. Notification for the last edit to Changes/Fedora26CFlags was generated just a few minutes ago, according to the email headers.

I also have trouble with getting notifications from dist-git and Koji for changes made by my comaintainers. Here's the current configuration:

  https://paste.fedoraproject.org/484243/94757301/

I must say I find the filter configuration extremely confusing because there is no clear distinction between message sources (which cause more notifications to be generated) and message filters (which invariably limit notifications). The web filter edit page never completes loading, the “Searching for example messages that match this filter” bit is always spinning, so it's not particularly helpful for figuring out how to configure the filter.

Thanks,
Florian