Re: Bodhi For Rawhide?

> * One of the nice things which Bodhi does is running several check, such
> > as depcheck, rpmlint (actually question if we are using rpmlint for
> > Fedora builds was what triggered this email), etc. On one hand, I'd love
> > to see these checks running in Koji, but there is no support for them
> > and I don't even see the support coming. So enabling Bodhi for Rawhide
> > would give us this opportunity.
>
> Either add these checks to Koji or just do them in a separate, post-build
> check somewhere (maybe as part of the nightly composes). (You wouldn't want
> such nitpicks to block builds in Rawhide anyway, it would hinder actual
> development.)

You can't run several of the checks without some kind of step
where package builds are grouped somehow. Running depcheck on a single
package makes no sense; how do you do an API rebuild? The 'depcheck'
test for any single build that's part of an API bump+rebuild operation
would fail (the test for the library being bumped would fail because
all the dependent packages' deps would be broken, and the test for each
dependent package build would fail because it wouldn't know about the
bumped library).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey