Re: [OT] Best Practices: Populating RPM SPEC %defines in basic Ant build management

On 10/26/2016 12:32 PM, Bryan Smith wrote:
PREFACE:  My apologies as this may be off-topic.  But I figured this
might be the best set of SMEs to ask this question, especially since
I'm drawing a blank from when I had to do this a few years ago.

Environment:
 - Disconnected systems (no or very limited Internet access)
 - Apache Ant build management

Best Practice Sought:
 - Solution to populate %defines at the top of RPM SPEC files

Feel free to tell me to RTFM with a link or anything else.  I just
haven't kept up with the latest set of 'Best Practices' and/or tools
to manage many of the common %defines at the top of RPM SPEC files in
an Ant build management solution.

I.e., I assume there is a way to manage this better than just some
scripts called as part of the buildfile that does direct file
manipulation (e.g., via sed) and/or populates via environmental
variables

Side Note:  We were looking at introducing Maven-Nexus as well, but
we're sticking with just our Git repos and Ant to match our
traditional software development and its build process.  This would be
for packaging things into RPM atop of all that.

Again, likely off-topic and/or remedial for this list, but I'd figure
I'd ask as I'm several years out-of-date.

-- bjs

Perhaps give some examples? I for one have no idea what you're talking about from the description above. An ant rpm spec file doesn't need much, see https://fedora-java.github.io/howto/latest/#ant

--
Orion Poplawski