Re: [OT] Best Practices: Populating RPM SPEC %defines in basic Ant build management

Preface:  So, just to follow-up, and I'll let people pick this apart
as they see fit.

To re-iterate:  We're using Ant to assemble/build RPMs, not JPackage
compliant RPMs, but just any RPMs, as part of our build management.

What we came up with is as follows.

build.xml target name=setup
 - Call script to dynamically generate ivy.xml with artifacts, for each package

build.xml target name=build:
 - Call script to tarball source, rpmbuild source RPM and then use
mock to build 1 or more targets required, for each package

build.xml target name=publish:
 - Publish the artifacts, for each package

We're still playing with the script for building, but we're passing in
a 'Revision' which is appended to the end of the 'Release' on the RPM.

E.g., given a pacakge:
  (name)-(version)-(Release).(arch)

The (Release) is ...
  (baserel)(Revision).(disttag)

Again, looking for these types of standards/best practices for an
off-line/disconnected build system that won't be feeding to Upstream
or anything else.

E-mail:  b.j.smith at ieee.org  or  me at bjsmith.me