Re: Pondering security update time frames

There are some good thoughts in this thread. A few people have
suggested that getting the update process to go faster would really
help with these problems, and I agree.

Patrick Uiterwijk has recently made quite a few contributions to Bodhi
that a) make it more reliable, and b) allow it to gate on automatic
signatures. I believe these two areas of improvement in Bodhi will get
us closer to automating Bodhi. I'm sure we still have bugs that we will
need to shake out to get it there, but that's the goal I would like to
see us achieve and I don't think it's unrealistic. I expect that
automating Bodhi will make our update process a little bit faster, and
I'm sure there are many other opportunities for improvement that we can
tackle as well. Contributions welcome!

By the way, I am planning to release Bodhi 2.3.0 tomorrow which has the
automatic signing gating feature that Patrick wrote for us. The draft
release notes are here:

https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/pull/1054

Once that's in place, there are nice little icons that render on Update
pages to indicate whether the builds are signed yet or not. Once the
builds are signed, the Update can then progress from pending to testing
during the next push.