Re: Private Bugzilla bugs

On 10/21/2016 09:16 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 20:56 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
Bugzilla is specifically not designed for keeping sensitive stuff

Really? Every Bugzilla that I regularly work with (GNOME, WebKit, Red
Hat) has this feature.

They have private bug reports, attachments, and maybe comments. But there is no encryption (admittedly, it's difficult to do this a useful way). A single SQL injection vulnerability likely gives you access to everything. Same for cross-site scripting or cross-site request forgery vulnerabilities, assuming you can get a sufficiently empowered user to view something that triggers this. Then there is the thorny question who gets access to private Fedora bugs. And so on.

I'm not saying that Bugzilla's features for private bits are completely unusable. But I strongly believe that what we do today is not what users expect when we tell them we keep private the data they submit.

Florian