Re: F25 workstation, and (almost) hidpi displays

On 10/21/2016 03:08 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> 13" 1080p laptops are the biggest exception to this that I can think
> of. I dunno what you do with them on Windows; I think Windows has a
> slider somewhere which more or less works like the 'scaling factor'
> setting.

Yes, Windows also has a scaling factor, but it behaves more like the
Firefox one - it supports non-integer scales. Applications that don't
signal support for it are scaled by the compositor.

Mac hardware seems to have settled into choosing display densities where
integer scaling makes sense, though on PC there is more variety,
probably due to Windows supporting it.

There was a lot of kerfuffle around the GTK (and Wayland) decision to
only support integer scales, searching for it will give you some background.