Re: Notifications on dependency retirement

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 03:59:41PM +0000, Christopher wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016, 08:51 Julien Enselme <jujens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks for the link. I didn't use to pay much attention to these
> > emails. I'll be more careful in the future.
> >

> There's a lot of noise on this list, and those emails are information
> overload. The fact that a particular package is affected is easily
> overlooked. It'd be nice if a notice could be shown in pkgdb to indicate
> that a particular package has dependencies in a problematic state. It'd
> also be nice if each package has its own list or notification feeds.

I might get to send smaller e-mails to each person eventually, but in
the meantime the e-mails are not only sent to the list but also to each
affected (co)maintainer individually. Therefore getting the e-mail
directly is indicates that one will be affected by the retirement and
searching for ones FAS name in the e-mail shows which package needs to
be adopted.

Kind regards
Till