Notifications on dependency retirement

Hi,

I discovered this morning that a package I co-maintain was retired
(ccnet [1]) because one of its dependency was retired (libzdb [2]). I
learned it only because we have an open bug on it that change assigner
because of this fact. I'll call this notification thanks to luck.

Is there a way to be notified as soon as a dependency is orphaned so
the (co-)maintainer can take action as soon as possible?

I think the usual way is to send a notification message to devel but it
relies on sending/reading the mail (I personally forgot ccnet relied on
libzdb). In this case, I can't find one. But I may have missed it.

Could this simply be because I am only a watcher and committer (neither
POC nor admin) of this package or should we find a way to improve this?

Regards,

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/ccnet/
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/libzdb/
--