Re: RFC: Storing Automated Tasks/Tests In Dist-Git

Dne 17.10.2016 v 11:16 Pavol Babincak napsal(a):

> Whereas tests repositories have only master branch.

I spoke to Pavol today a bit and I realized that I missed this peace of
the information, which comes quite essential to me and worth of
highlighting.

This is very important, since if there is only single branch used to
test all possible versions of the package, it allows us to find
regressions between different versions of packages. E.g. if there is
regression in Rawhide package, which is fixed and covered by some test
case, it allows us to automatically use this test case for
older/different versions of packages, without
backporting/merging/cherry-picking the test case.

IOW the same test suite which is used for testing RHEL7 is used for
testing RHEL6 and possible RHSCL.

Vít