Re: Someone needs to stop texlive madness!!!

On 2016-10-15, 21:55 GMT, Ian Malone wrote:
> I apologise, I have clearly failed in my obligation to answer
> every one of your questions in detail and debate the use and
> existence of TeX purely on your terms. Please continue in your
> campaign to have it discontinued, I suggest you now write to
> the people at CTAN, the creators of TeX Live and Donald Knuth
> with your concerns, I'm sure they will all bow to your
> inexorable logic.

Translated into English: SHOW ME THE CODE! The biggest problem
of TeXLive in Fedora, is that almost nobody does it. There used
to be one Red Hat employee who did a lot of TeXLive maintenance
(not much how much in his free time), but he is gone from Red
Hat and now the main maintainer is spot. He is my hero, but take
a look at the number of packages he maintains (including tiny
ones like Chromium).

So, if you want to take over TeXLive maintenance and break it
into something awesome, I believe the opposition could be
overcame. Long lists of tasks somebody else should do won't
change much, I am afraid.

Best,

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

If trains stop at train stations, what happens at work stations?