Re: Weak password madness is back again

On Pá, 2016-10-07 at 15:56 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So 2 devel cycles ago we had this whole discussion
> about how forcing people to choose strong passwords in anaconda
> was making live hard for testers / test-installs and this
> decision was reverted.
>
> So now here I'm doing a F25 Fedora ARM test install, end up
> in the gnome-ified first-time-setup wizzard and cannot continue
> until I make my test-user password strong enough. UGH.
>
> So can we get this fixed please, or do we need to escalate
> this all the way up to FESco again ?

Is that a regression? Previously the discussion was about Anaconda not
about gnome initial setup or whatever is the password dialogue you are
talking about. Not that I am supporter of making it impossible to
override password strength check in any kind of initial setup tools.

The only place where the password strength check should not be
overridable is when a regular user tries to change his own password.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb