Re: PROPOSAL: Blocking the release is our only "big hammer" — let's add a softer one.

> In fact, I would argue that this should even be done for blockers: A
> bug
> should be a blocker if and only if a SIG/WG behind a release-blocking
> image
> decides that it is important for it to be fixed in the release, no
> matter
> whether it fits into any kind of global formal criteria.

Hi,

If the Workstation WG were to have such a responsibility, I strongly
suspect we would prefer to delegate it to the existing QA team and
blocker bug process. It's been working pretty well for us and the WG is
not set up to handle minutiae like this.

We might meddle with the blocker criteria from time to time by
requesting new blocker criteria to fit a particular bug, but in general
I don't think it would be helpful to turn WG meetings into blocker
review meetings. The QA folks who currently handle blocker review are
doing a better job than we could anyway.

Michael