Re: PROPOSAL: Blocking the release is our only "big hammer" — let's add a softer one.

On Wed, 2016-10-05 at 14:19 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> I propose we create a parallel "Critical Issues"  list, using
> basically
> the same procedures. Issues eligible for this status would be those
> which do not necessarily fail a release criterion but which have
> critical impact on a Fedora Edition or on a council-approved Fedora
> Objective.

So how is this any different from freeze exceptions? Your email
acknowledges that freeze exceptions already exist, but doesn't describe
how you envision critical issues to function differently. What makes an
issue a freeze exception and not a critical issue, or vice-versa?

Probably would should just use the existing freeze exception process
for this purpose? What's the benefit of adding another thing?

Michael