Re: PSA: Do not run 'dnf update' inside GNOME, KDE or any other graphical desktop on Fedora 24

Adam Williamson wrote:
> If you're using Workstation, the offline update system is expressly
> designed to minimize the likelihood of this kind of problem, so please
> do consider using it.

In CentOS or Debian I can afford to reboot for every update. With
Fedora's rapid stream of updates that's simply not workable.

> Otherwise, at least run 'dnf update' in a VT -
> hit ctrl-alt-f3 to get a VT console login prompt, log in, and do it
> there.

In a VT I'll often be unable to review the list of updates before
hitting Y, as I'll only see the end of the list.

So if this bug is specific to F24 and multiple GPUs, then I guess I'm
lucky to be still using F23 and having only one GPU.

Björn Persson