Re: PSA: Do not run 'dnf update' inside GNOME, KDE or any other graphical desktop on Fedora 24

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> > IMHO the risk/benefit ratio is way off on this approach to the problem -
>> > but
>> > hey, that's just me - and I'm a KDE user who isn't using it.
>>
>> I think your risk assessment is deficient and unconvincing. This has
>> been explained in great detail by those working on the various
>> solutions to the problem. Read those, then provide contra arguments if
>> you want. Otherwise this is sortof a noisy conversation.
>

> Well, it could be that this is just an issue in the GNOME environment.  I
> can't really comment on that
> because I haven't used it for years.

It is not a GNOME specific environment, this has already been explained.

>Don't get upset just because I don't
> agree with you..  You haven't produced
> any hard facts.

You can't make me angry. Meanwhile, you're constantly citing only your
own anecdotal evidence and then extrapolating beyond it to a much
broader population without any hard facts.

Like I said, others have been working on this for a while, and they
have documented it and they've included their hard facts. You just
haven't bothered to make yourself aware of anything beyond your own
experience.

--
Chris Murphy