Re: PSA: Do not run 'dnf update' inside GNOME, KDE or any other graphical desktop on Fedora 24

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IMHO the risk/benefit ratio is way off on this approach to the problem - but
> hey, that's just me - and I'm a KDE user who isn't using it.

I think your risk assessment is deficient and unconvincing. This has
been explained in great detail by those working on the various
solutions to the problem. Read those, then provide contra arguments if
you want. Otherwise this is sortof a noisy conversation.

Well, it could be that this is just an issue in the GNOME environment.  I can't really comment on that
because I haven't used it for years.  Don't get upset just because I don't agree with you..  You haven't produced
any hard facts.