Re: F24, small backward steps

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/13/2016 05:09 PM, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>
>> This is a truly awful experiance from POV of a Fedora user filing bugs :-(
>> We've set a silent trap for them with no warning of the fact that their
>> bug reports are going to be ignored until Fedora EOL procedure closes
>> them :-(
>

> One lesson I have learnt in Fedora, is that filing bugs reports against
> packages owned by certain people equals to sending bugs to /dev/null.
>
> IMHO, Fedora should consider to take disciplinary measures against these
> people.
>
> Ralf

For what it's worth, there are a set of Package Maintainer
Responsibilities[1] on the wiki.  The section "Deal with reported bugs
in a timely manner" does offer suggestions for what to do if you find
yourself unable to handle bug reports, but there's no discussion of
what to do when a package maintainer is not living up to these
responsibilities.  I agree that it would be good to try to outline an
approach to address cases where a package maintainer is not honoring
these responsibilities, would a FESCo ticket be the correct forum?

Rich

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_responsibilities