Re: Last DNF-1 version, DNF-2 coming to rawhide

On Thursday, 08 September 2016 at 13:37, Michal Luscon wrote:
> On 09/08/2016 01:05 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
[...]
> > Given it's the updates system there, at least IMO, needs to be full contingency
> > plans etc. Sorry, the history of the dnf team not breaking stuff even
> > on small bumps gives me little faith this will be smooth.
> The internal DNF testing stack undergone radical improvements during the
> last year. Core DNF functionality is now covered by functional tests.

> Therefore, we expect only minor issues with adoption of 2.0.

Those are famous last word, you know. ;)

It's better to have a solid contingency plan and never use it than
not have it and be forced to scramble in the unlikely case something
goes wrong because you "expected only minor issues".

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org
"Faith manages."