Re: Suggestion to end support for legacy 1024-bit RSA root CAs in Fedora stable

Kai Engert wrote:
> I've just used f24 qupzilla to access a site with a relevant
> configuration. I'm using the suggested configuration on my system, and the
> site loads fine.
>
> So apparently QT uses one of the fixed underlying libraries.

QupZilla is a bit special in that it uses QtWebEngine, which uses a weird
combination of Google's custom OpenSSL fork ("BoringSSL") and the system
NSS, where the latter is used only to find and load the system certificates,
the actual SSL implementation is BoringSSL. (Chromium used to support using
the system NSS for everything, but that support stopped working with the
update to NSS 3.21, and their fix was to just make BoringSSL the default.)
So it is good to know that it does the right thing, but most other Qt
applications will use a very different code path.

That said, Qt normally uses OpenSSL, so it should just work.

        Kevin Kofler