Re: Improvements of Fedora Sponsorship process

Dne 5.8.2016 v 09:32 Miroslav Suchý napsal(a):
> I had the talk [1] about Fedora Sponsorship process at Flock. And we
> had very interesting follow-up discussion.
>
> We come up with several improvements, which should be easy to
> implement and may improve the process a lot. I am posting it here so
> more people can see that and join the discussion.
>
> a) Sponsoree (who apply for package maintainer status) is required to
> create Copr project and maintain the package there until he get the
> package into Fedora. This should show his endurance to sponsors. It
> will improve the morale of the sponsoree as the package is immediately
> ready for other users. And it is not wiped after 14 days as scratch
> builds in Koji.

You have not noted it here and probably not thought about it, but the
advantage of Copr is that it actually provides hosting for SRPMs and it
provides dist-git as well, so one could send a link to .spec file
referring to dist git. That would be actually quite nice benefit, since
newcomers typically struggles with such questions as "where to put my
SRPM/.spec file".

Vít