Re: Too fast karma on Bodhi updates

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Sayan Chowdhury <sayan.chowdhury2012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After going through messages in datagrepper[2][3], I found that few people are
giving out karma in one go (4-5 packages under a minute). If these packages
really are not-tested and the karma are given out randomly then I am sure that
this sure going to affect the release, infrastructure and our users.

As other people have mentioned, the reason behind 4-5 packages under a minute is more than
likely fedora-easy-karma - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that; it simplifies the process
and allows people to quickly and easily give package feedback.

Regarding the comment regarding karma left 40 seconds after the package was pushed... it could
be that the person earlier had downloaded the package directly from koji, because they did not
want to wait DAYS for the package to be pushed to the repository.

I don't believe the karma system was or is intended to be the end all / be all; but rather an early
warning metric to packagers to tell them if something has gone south.