Re: Too fast karma on Bodhi updates

First, have you contacted them? This looks like a misunderstanding between the way you (and probably most fedora packagers + bodhi developers) think "karma" works and the way they understand it.

My perspective is being someone who often tests packages but doesn't package them.

>From my point of view, the "karma" ("Is the update generally functional?") field is not quite clear to users of bodhi. I only know because I've been using it for quite a long time and understand that some packages are auto-pushed to stable after reaching a specific karma limit.

Testers providing karma in <2 minutes probably just installed the update and if it
1. doesn't break dnf
2. succeeds to run the application
3. (maybe) doesn't crash on 5 seconds of testing
they give it +1.

I suggest to take these actions:
1. Change or extend the phrase "Is the update generally functional?" to have more details.
2. Link the "Is the update generally functional?" phrase to some more documentation, e.g. on Fedora Wiki
3. Talk to those testers
4. If this happens often (I can't say, someone needs to do research), have somebody look at the data (analyze it) and contact testers with "suspicious" testing behavior.