Re: Too fast karma on Bodhi updates

On 07/11/2016 05:11 PM, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> Regarding the comment regarding karma left 40 seconds after the package
> was pushed... it could
> be that the person earlier had downloaded the package directly from
> koji, because they did not
> want to wait DAYS for the package to be pushed to the repository.

IMHO that's a strong reason against a freeze on giving karma until the
package has been in testing for a certain amount of time. In fact, I
sometimes give +1 on updates that haven't been pushed at all yet. One
example [1]: I reported a bug, I received a notification that a bugfix
is pending, I immediately downloaded the package, tested it and gave my
feedback. Now, if there was a freeze, I would have to come back later
and see if I'm already allowed to give feedback. Most likely, I would
have never given my +1.

Regards,
Till

[1] https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-d0febaacf2