Re: systemd 230 change - KillUserProcesses defaults to yes

On May 28, 2016 6:42 AM, "Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek" <zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Once you have at least one process staying around, the login session
> remains in "closing" state. As long as the session stays around, the
> user's user@.service stays around, and this means many more processes
> staying around.

That is a design decision on systemd's part and could be changed.

> but the
> default should be to clean up everything.

I agree that the default should be to clean up, but I'm not sure I agree that the default should change before a large fraction of userspace is ready, and it's definitely not ready yet.

Heck, as evidenced by the bug I filed, systemd-run itself isn't ready yet, and all I did is follow systemd's instructions.

It would seem entirely reasonable to me to go through the systemwide change process, identify what needs to get fixed, and fix it.

--Andy