Re: Kernel plans for Fedora 24

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 05:44:43PM +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> There is more extensive testing performed before GA release then
> there is in the update process hence what get's shipped in the GA
> release has better testing coverage regardless of people believes in
> Red Hat's kernel team hence it's better to ship the 4.6 in the final
> then to deliver it as an 0 day update.

I have faith in the kernel and QA teams' regular testing and updates
process. But there's another key difference you're leaving out: if a
kernl problem arises at the last minute which affects the install
media (anaconda or otherwise), that may involve significant work and
delay. If a problem is discovered with a kernel in updates-testing,
it's just the kernel.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>