Re: replicating compile flags from rawhide

On 15/05/16 22:05 +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

On 14/05/16 23:18, Peter Robinson wrote:
A build failed with the -Wnarrowing error in rawhide on ARM

I've got access to another ARM box where I want to reproduce the
problem, but running gcc 6 on that box, -Wnarrowing is only a warning.

I added -std=c++11 to CPPFLAGS and now it fails on the other box too,
but are there other things I should add to reproduce the Fedora
environment more accurately?

CPPFLAGS is for the preprocessor, you should probably be using
CXXFLAGS.

The default for GCC 6 is -std=gnu++14, not -std=c++11.

The project is quite large and I don't want to do another upstream
release until I've addressed any other issues like this.

Also, is there a way to make the build server use "make -i -k" to keep
running after the first error and report all errors?

You can either use mock [1] with the rawhide config or use "fedpkg
mockbuild" executed on the arm device.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mock

The ARM device is not running Fedora unfortunately, is there another way
to set the various CPPFLAGS and friends to emulate the compile as
closely as possible?

No, you can't tell an older version of GCC to behave like a newer one
(how would a compiler released a few years ago know how today's
compiler behaves?)

The best solution is to use the correct environment. If that's not
possible, use the same version of GCC.